Do you suspect a gas leak in your home? Don’t take any chances. Call the leak detecting professionals at Zest Plumbing & Drain today. Call us today to speak with one of our friendly advisors.
If you are worried about the risks associated with gas line leaks or if you think you have a gas leak on your hands, call the experts at Zest Plumbing & Drain. Our team has been helping homeowners in Scottsdale, AZ with these repairs since 2008.
Signs of a Gas Line Leak
If you use gas appliances, you must always be on the lookout for potential hazards. A gas line leak is an issue that must be repaired quickly. Some of the most common signs of gas line trouble are as follows:
SMELLING ROTTEN EGGS: Gas is odorless, and to make it easier to detect, gas companies put an additive in it that makes it smell like rotten eggs.
HISSING SOUNDS: If the gas line is torn or ripped, you may hear a hissing sound coming from the line or coming from your appliances.
DEAD GRASS: A leak in the gas line underground will cause gas to seep into your soil. This contamination will kill any grass or vegetation around the line.
How to Handle a Gas Line Leak
If you think you may have a gas line leak in your home, it’s important not to panic. A quick and efficient repair process is key, so if you are experiencing a gas line leak, follow these steps:
- Call Zest Plumbing & Drain for an emergency repair.
- Call the gas company and ensure your gas is shut off and let them know what is happening.
- Open all the windows to air your home out.
- Make sure all appliances are turned off.
- Evacuate your family and pets from the home.
- Make sure you are a safe distance away from your house.
Other Reasons to Work With Us
Homeowners trust our expert service and honest advice in addition to these beneficial features and guarantees:
- No trip charge
- Upfront pricing
- Expert service at affordable pricing
- Family owned and operated
- Minimum 1-year warranty on all plumbing repairs
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed